- When we're out and about, Marshall will often ask, "daddy home?" as we approach our house. My response is typically, "Daddy is at work now." On our daily walks, we pass a house with two big dogs who come out to bark enthusiastically at us. One day, the dogs did not come out. I said, "I guess the doggies aren't home today. " Marshall replied knowingly, "doggies work."
- During bath time one night, Chris was eating a snack of cheese and crackers and sharing the cheese with Marshall. Chris wasn't home yet at bath time the next night but while in the tub, Marshall heard Chris come through the back door. I asked, "what are you going to say to daddy when he comes in?" I expected the normal response of, "hi daddy, daddy, daddy" ("daddy" is almost always said in triplicate these days). Instead, Marshall yelled, "more cheese please!"
- I try hard to use "please," "thank you," "no thank you," and, "you're welcome" as much as I can throughout the day in the hopes that someday the polite phrases will sink in and Marshall will use them. We had a breakthrough this week when I offered him milk and he said, "no thank you ." Yesterday we were out running errands and Marshall thought we were going to a friend's house. When he saw we were at Target, he started to cry and said, "no thank you mama!"
Friday, December 5, 2008
Marshall Logic
Some recent little boy stories:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment