Saturday, July 16, 2011

July Progress

We've been keeping busy this month. We spent the first weekend in Cayucos for the 4th of July. My mom and Bob were back briefly from Idaho so it was nice to see them. July 3rd was my grandma's b-day so we got to celebrate with her as well. Marshall had a blast at the beach and stayed up to enjoy the fireworks show with enthusiastic "ooohs, " and, "aaaahs."


Marshall is really enjoying swim lessons. He loves going under water and chats incessantly through his lessons. I overhear his instructor sounding good naturedly exasperated with him, as he tries to negotiate what she asks him to do.


Last week, Marshall attended a pre-school camp for a few mornings. He'll go again next week too. His friend, Donovan, and other kids from his preschool class are there as well and Marshall is enjoying the activity. I am enjoying the few hours to myself.


Other fun this month: my friend Anne, and her daughter Claire, came to visit for a day from Placerville; Marshall and I saw a great magic show (Alex Ramon) with Heather and Ainsley; Chris and I had a double date with Mike and Heather; and Steph and Wynn got engaged! No wedding date set yet but the ring is lovely and we're all very happy to have Wynn officially part of the family.

Grandma, Lucky, Marshall and Grandpa on the 4th of July

Cayucos beach

The happy couple
Marshall trying to make Claire look at the camera

Marshall applying his own sunscreen


No comments: