Monday, March 14, 2011

When it Rains, it Pours

I must have exceeded my fun quotient in February because March has been dismal thus far. Our cat, Amica, was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. She'll hardly eat and is becoming very wobbly. She is almost 16, so health issues are hardly surprising but it is very sad to see her in decline. The vet says she has anywhere from 6 months to a couple years of decent quality of life left. Hopefully she'll continue to eat and we can keep her comfortable.

I spent the first weekend of the month recovering from gall bladder surgery. I'm not sure if I am just a big wimp or my expectations were off, but the recovery was much longer/difficult than I'd anticipated. It didn't help that my month-long cold turned into a sinus infection right after surgery. Blowing the nose and coughing with tummy incisions was less than comfortable. The second weekend in March brought us Marshall's first ever bout of the stomach flu. Poor little guy was sobbing, "I don't like throwing up." Who does, really? Marshall was terribly pathetic for a few days.

On the plus side of things, my mom came up to stay for a week after my surgery, which was super. She did EVERYTHING for us...cooking, cleaning, laundry, taking care of Marshall. It was so great to have her company and help. This week is off to an encouraging start, despite the poor weather. Marshall is healthy and I am feeling close to human again. Being able to move around, drive, and get out and about is nice. Tomorrow is Marshall's b-day so we're all looking forward to that!

Marshall wearing Chris' coat & making a funny face in the actual pouring rain

No comments: