Monday, March 8, 2010

Not Nice

Today was not a feel-good day for the mom lady. We surprised Chris at his office for lunch (which I thought would be fun) and two of his older, male co-workers were joking with Marshall, "who is the boss in your house, Marshall? Mom or Dad?" Marshall replied, "daddy," to which he received high fives, whoops and hollers from the office boys. Not so much fun.

Tonight at dinner, I was telling Chris about some photos I'd downloaded. I mentioned that Chris was looking especially handsome and thin in the photos. Marshall declared (I am NOT kidding here), "Mom, you not cute. You fat." The little boy obviously has forgotten where his bread is buttered.

To be fair, we had a very touching moment last week. Something I read had vexed me so I yelled some PG swear word. Marshall came over to me, crawled in my lap, hugged me, patted my back and said, "it's ok, mama, it's ok."

So compassionate one moment, yet so cruel another!

The controversial photo: thin dad, adorable boy, fat mom

No comments: