Stereotypical awful toddler moments aside, Marshall is one of the sweetest, most mellow toddlers I have ever encountered. He sleeps great at night and still takes decent naps every day. He is quick to smile and laugh. He plays well on his own and plays exceptionally well with his friends. He indulges me with kisses and hugs more often than not. Marshall is a super conversationalist and we often get comments from surprised strangers at the quantity/quality of his vocabulary. He is very observant and is always saying, "mom, look where I pointing." Some of our funnier recent moments:
- As I was doing dishes, Marshall asked me to come play with him. I told him I'd join him when I finished. He replied, "mom, I going to count to three. Don't make me count again."
- "I need to cover my eyes because the blender is too loud."
- He asked for a cookie for breakfast. When I told him no he replied, "ok, I want a lunch cookie."
- At a stop light he asked, "mom, what that man doing in his car?" Keeping my eyes on the road, I replied I did not know and asked him what he thought the man was doing. He said, "that man picking his nose. " I looked over and sure enough, that is exactly what the man was doing. Marshall then said, "I pick my nose in the car too."
I echo the sentiments of a close friend who recently wrote, "I continue to be overworked and underpaid in my job as stay-at-home mom, which is the best job I've ever had."
1 comment:
yes, toddlers are wonderful. boys are wonderful. I'd want no other job. though it is nice to get out with no kids every once in a while. love you
Post a Comment