Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween & Boy Stuff

Pre-Marshall, I did not really care for sweets. At office birthday parties, I passed on the cake. On my birthday, people were more likely to shower me with chips & guacamole. I'd sample desserts on social occasions but that was it. These days, I crave sweets like a maniac. Cake, ice cream, candy, Twinkies...I'm not very picky. Sometimes I eat ice cream straight from the carton, standing up at the counter. For some reason, I rationalize that is better than sitting down with a big bowl of it. I always wondered why people bemoaned Halloween and the large quantities of candy. Now I understand. It is a truly evil holiday. Marshall went trick-or-treating for the first time and was quite good at it. He happily chirped "Happy Halloween" at every house and got lots of practice with his dinosaur roar. Subsequently, we have a lot of candy laying around. And I'm eating it all.

Sticker Face (he was actually quiet for a brief moment)
Fixing the gate
Watching football
Playing football
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I've been sneaking Oliver's Halloween candy too. Conveniently, he seems to have forgotten all about it...

Nicole said...

My boys have forgotten all about the candy too. I actually ran out that night & had to sneak into their stash to hand out to the neighbors. How bad is that?