Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More Marshall Stories

I guess I have turned into one of "those" moms, always raving about their super kid. Who knows if everyone else finds my toddler stories as funny as I do but at the very least, I'm recording some of the good stuff from the early years. The latest laughs:

  • Marshall pointed to a group of fish in a pond and said very sternly, "COME." The fish listened about as well as the dog.
  • He has been doubling up on consonants, especially L's and G's. Garage is, "ga-grage," gorilla is, "guh-grilla," lion is, "ly-lon," and his friend Lauren is, "Laur-len."
  • Marshall now improvises his favorite songs. The other day we were treated to, "twinkle, twinkle little sprinkler, how I wonder what you are. Up above the trees so high, like a diamond in the sky. I love you sprinkler."
  • Randomly, he announced that he wanted to go to Home Depot. I asked him what he wanted to do at Home Depot. He replied, "push the washing machine buttons with Daddy."
  • We went out to dinner at Back Forty BBQ and Marshall pushed his face against the restaurant wall. I asked him what he was doing. He said, "smelling Back Forty." I asked him what Back Forty smelled like. He replied, "a tasty snack."

2 comments:

Claire said...

Ok, those are hilarious! Definitely keep writing these down, and keep in a safe place!

Nicole said...

what a cutie, so glad you are documenting those.